Father Follows His Intuition, Hires Helicopter and Finds Injured Son in Crash… But Then…

It’s a good thing that an Australian parent didn’t listen to the police when they told him that he was simply overreacting when he reported his missing son to them.

In the end, it came out that he was the one who was right about what had happened.

When Tony Lethbridge of New South Wales, Australia got up on Sunday morning, he discovered that his son Samuel, who was 17 years old at the time, had not yet returned from spending the previous night out with his friends. This was the first time that Tony felt concerned about his son.

The members of the local police department attempted to calm Lethbridge’s concerns by assuring him that the warning was a false alarm; nonetheless, the persistent father would not believe them.

“When I saw the police, they believed that he had fled the scene. I responded by stating “that’s not Samuel.”

According to Lethbridge, who spoke with the Associated Press, “When he doesn’t show up or phone, something is seriously wrong.”

He continued by saying, “I understand that they have a lot of work to do, and they hear this every day.

However, I took matters into my own hands, and I was thinking all night that tomorrow morning.

I’m just going to get a helicopter and go looking for him because we’re running out of time — it’s been long enough.”

After that, Lethbridge went to the office of Skyline Aviation Group, which was located close to their home in Lake Macquarie, and begged for assistance.

Because Lethbridge’s predicament was so grave, the pilots agreed to offer him a price break on the helicopter rental despite the fact that he did not have the money to pay the entire amount.

After only flying for a little over a quarter of an hour, the crew of the chopper found the wreckage of Samuel’s automobile in the weeds around 12 kilometers away from their home.

From the perspective of the helicopter, it was simple to identify, but for someone driving on the road, it would have been very impossible to do so.

Samuel had been entrapped in the debris of the crash for a period of thirty hours by the time rescue teams arrived at the scene of the accident; yet, he was still alive.

While he is in the process of receiving treatment for several fractures at the hospital, Samuel’s family can only express their gratitude that he was located in time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *